Dance Contest Friday Oct. 5th!
The UPTONES perform 2 sets! The Agent Deadlies open the show!
Best dancer wins $200! RSVP at the EVENT PAGE and get ready to skank yr butt off!
RULES for the Dance Contest!
1. REMEMBER, THE JUDGES ARE ALWAYS WATCHING THE DANCE FLOOR!
2. Start SKANKING upon entry.
3. You will be judged during The Agent Deadlies and The Uptones 1st set.
4. Remember Rule 1!
5. Once you get a number, from one of the judges, start SKANKING and remember Rule #1!
6. Winners will be announced at the end of The Uptones’ second set!
7. Top Ten dancers will receive prizes.
For Immediate Release:
Berkeley, CA, Sept. 12, 2009
The Uptones announce that renowned stamp designer and artist, Paul Jackson, has designed two Uptones U.S. Postage Stamps.
[click to continue…]
Photo by Pat Johnson
Eric and Moose popped by the Gibson San Francisco Showroom last week and tried out the Joan Jett Melody Maker and Les Paul Special DC guitars. Photographer Pat Johnson snapped their pic as they jumped for joy with these amazing axes. Eric loved the Joan Jett model so much, he played it on a new recording with the Uptones the very next day.
Jake the Skank was on hand to video this historic event. The Uptones were invited to the secret location of Ska4u’s Shrine to Skanking, and they were allowed to be the first people to skank on the shrine. Check it out.